The life of the Catholic Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and the Sacraments. There are seven sacraments in the Church: Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Matrimony, and Holy Orders. Contact us to see how we serve you in preparing for or receiving the Sacraments!
Baptism is the very first Sacrament of Initiation into the Catholic community. A person needs to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism before preparing for First Eucharist, First Reconciliation and Confirmation.
You must be a registered member of Maternity of Mary to have your child baptized. Click here to become a member!
Get Baptized at Maternity of Mary
FIRST SACRAMENT PROGRAM
First Reconciliation and First Communion
Our First Sacrament program coincides with our Family Formation nights. The meetings are generally the 1st Sunday of the month from October-May. Contact Austin Busse at [email protected] for this year's dates!
First Sacraments Program includes:
For more information, please contact us.
The sacrament of Confirmation completes the grace of the Sacraments of Initiation by a special outpouring of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which seal or “confirm” the baptized in union with Christ and equip them for full, active participation in the worship of the Church.
1. Our Confirmation two-year program at is open to those entering 7th grade through High School. Sessions are Sunday mornings 9-10:15am generally 1st and 3rd Sunday's of the month.
2. Students preparing for Confirmation will participate in a curriculum involving small groups and content through YDisciple, a web-based youth catechesis platform.
3. Throughout Confirmation prep, students will participate in small groups that meet twice per month during the school year. Groups consist of 5-7 guys or girls of the same age to discuss life, grow in their faith and seek support for the trials and joy of life together.
4. Students preparing for Confirmation will attend a retreat in the winter of both years of their two-year program.
5. Parents, sponsors, and those seeking Confirmaiton are expected to participate in various preparation sessions during Year 1 and Year 2.
6. Candidates are highly encouraged to serve the Parish in a multitude of ways. Opportunities to get involved will be posted on the parish website.
Volunteer as a Small Group Leader
Adults Seeking Confirmation:
Through Sacramental Marriage, a man and a woman enter a covenant of love and mission. This covenant is their response to God’s call to holiness, and is a sign of Christ’s love in the world.
If you are engaged and looking for a place for your wedding, congratulations on your engagement! We rejoice with you on your decision to invite Christ into your marriage.
Want to get married at Maternity of Mary?
1. Contact the parish priest at least six months before your wedding. Enrolling as a parishioner is required.
2. Your priest will reach out about scheduling marriage preparation, which includes completion and discussion of the FOCCUS premarital inventory, attending a marriage preparation weekend, meeting with one of the priests, and preparing the wedding liturgy.
If you were married outside the Catholic Church, you may seek for your union to be officially recognized by the Church. This is known as convalidation of marriage, and allows you to receive the fullness of Sacraments and Grace.
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
There is no need to wait until a person is at the point of death to receive this Sacrament. A careful judgment about the serious nature of the illness is sufficient. The Sacrament may be repeated if the sick person recovers after the anointing but becomes ill once again, or if, during the same illness, the person’s condition becomes more serious. A person should be anointed before surgery when a dangerous illness is the reason for the intervention.
To arrange for Anointing, please call the Parish Office: 651-489-8825.